Skip to main content

Why on Earth would You want My Opinion?

I am absolutely clueless about what to write, and it's not like I have run out of ideas, but some things are not for everybody. Also, it's better to keep certain things yourself to avoid dropping one more opinion in the sea of opinions. There are a billion things running in my mind and I do want to write down about a lot of them, but I am not entirely sure to share them. What's the point, I feel! Those things just remain words, and if my words can't make an impact on someone, then I might as well keep quiet!

That's the thought that passes my mind every time I think of writing something controversial. And it's not about a single thing but a series of things. I was told, that if I wanted to be a part of society, I had to accept it as it is. However, I just can't do it and that's why I decided to keep my thoughts to myself. Not because I want to be a part of society, but because I love peace more than chaos. 

It turns out that keeping quiet really gives you perspective. It gets you closer to yourself and allows you to be a better person -that is, if you let it happen. Moreover, you get to witness various colors of people around you and that becomes amusing. Plus, the drama you get to witness when you decide to spectate things. And trust me, most people will say they don't like drama, but we all do. In different variations, but we all do like drama. 

Another reason I stopped sharing my opinion is because who cares!!?? Literally! Why would I waste my precious little opinion for no good reason? Especially, when I am confident that the person will not take it seriously or completely ignore it like I never said anything! So, I just stopped, and I listened to people blab about their life, romance, trauma, problems, and whatnot. And even though I know what's wrong, I keep quiet. People like victimizing themselves and romanticizing their issues to gain sympathy. Because if they really wanted to get out of the rut, they would stop complaining about it and immediately start working on it. But they won't because people like drama. 

Opinion is like an asshole, everyone has one. It is indeed true, but not many learn not to expose it. It is an art that comes after a lot of practice. I can't become an expert in it, but I would at least want to become mediocre in it. That might or might not make me a better person, but it will certainly keep me away from unnecessary drama. 

Don't get me wrong! I love drama. Baby, I am drama. Life is nothing without drama. However, I hate melodrama. You know that overload, loud, and painful experience that becomes entertainment for others is what I call melodrama. I will choose to keep a safe distance from such extra salt in my life. You might find it boring, but it is pleasant. It is alluring once you have a good taste of it. 

At this rate, I might become a saint, and I am scared of it because I don't want to leave behind worldly illusions and material. Life will be so damn boring without them and there will be no colors. So many twisted thoughts. Wow! Well, I'd better take a leave for now. 

Until next time, do whatever you want to do, why should I pass my opinion to you? 



The Queen of Random Things

xoxo














Comments

  1. Ah, the art of silence—both a shield and a sword! But you know, sometimes a well-placed word can stir the pot just enough to make the soup interesting. 😉 Your perspective is a refreshing breeze in a world full of stormy opinions. Keep sipping that drama tea with grace, because some of us enjoy watching the subtle dance more than the loud clatter. Stay saintly, but not too saintly—life needs a bit of spice, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

'Love in Comfort zone' isn't that our motto these days?

Don't get offended by the title!  Our generation and the coming generation have it easy and that's why love these days are in comfort zones. We choose a date by swiping right. We choose them by their pictures and the little information they decided to share. We have made it easy to get into a relationship and easier to get out of one thanks to social media, one-night stands, revenge sex and what not! I guess we are the generation who invented some of those things.  Unlike olden times, there is hardly any venture to know the real person behind the face and laughter, there is upfront sex without any intimacy or romance.    "I really wonder when did love change its meaning? ….. or we did? And so our generation has higher divorce rates because lesser people believe in fixing a relationship."  Everyone is aware that there are more fish in the pond and that’s the reason it has become a trend to leave the relationship once things get rocky. I am not sure if our generation is

Oh, please!!! For your sake, normalize breakfast dates!!!

No, I am not a morning person! I haven't read Robin Sharma's book, The 5 AM club, YET! I am not trying to sell an idea, nor I am trying to convince you to get up early. I just happened to like breakfast, it's the best meal of the day. On a normal day, I wouldn't miss breakfast for anything. I do enjoy quiet time during my first meal, but time to time, I do like to incorporate somebody for a chat or two. The idea of a breakfast date has always fascinated me. There is a breath of fresh air, new sun and a new hope of a new day. It's amazing how waking up early in the morning changes the course of your day.  At first, it might sound a lot of hard work, but there is nothing like spending quality time in the morning. My experience says, breakfast meetings bring no predominant effect, as everyone is in a fresh mood. In a normal scenario, no one would put an extra effort to pretend to be someone else - They just are themselves. You can dazzle up for dinner and add-on extra

A conundrum called Love

I have learned that people misunderstand love with a lot many things and they don’t realize it for the longest time, sometimes they never realize it. Love doesn’t happen often, there is only one person who can teach you, love, without explaining it in words. And the strangest thing is you will enact those lessons without even noticing for a long time.  I have seen people falling in love with someone who accepts them for who they are, for someone who make them feel better about themselves, for someone who has a lot to offer.  Love is a tricky concept to understand and yes you really cannot describe it in words. But love means constancy, it might change over time with affection. However, the desire to see them well never dies.   I have witnessed several couples loving each other but not being in love with each other. It’s not the spark that dies between them but what remains is the feeling of belongingness.  I have seen people misunderstand being in love with good sex and affection. Now,