Skip to main content

Hello there, Stranger! Did You Miss Me?

It's been such a long time since I wrote something. Seriously, routine is one of the hardest things. Doing the same thing again and again every day is challenging and boring. Finally, I got some time off and did the one thing I enjoy doing and get to share with others. 

Don't think during my time away I was doing something extraordinary. I was trying to fit into a new world that I entered in and Oh my god, it was difficult. I know very few have missed my blogs and did get in touch with me, but I had a lot on my plate. Instead of acting as if nothing happened, I have decided to give you an update about the latest developments in my life. 

Let me start with the things I love the most. I can proudly say that this year I have finished reading 36 books before time!!! Even though 18 of them were a manga comic book series I am counting it. I don't know how I managed to read so many books in less than a year and I haven't stopped reading even after finishing my yearly reading challenge. 

This year I have cooked traditional Indian dishes from around the corner and I enjoyed the simplicity of every dish. It's so amazing to try so many different varieties of palate from our country. I enjoyed cooking the modest items over the weekend and relishing them fresh while thanking god for giving me this privilege. Consuming soul-satisfying food always makes me feel blessed for what I have in life. Moreover, I find the preparation process therapeutic because it brings me to the moment, the present! 

After 4 years of working remotely, I started going to the office. I had mixed emotions for it and it did give me different experiences. The on-site job made me value solitude, not that I didn't enjoy it before. But now I live every moment of it more. I also had first-hand experience of office politics, where to date I had only witnessed it. My biggest takeaway from the whole new job thing is, "If someone abuses their power to put somebody down that's because they have been threatened by the truth." And no need to condemn negative things because they teach deeper lessons. 

My social life has progressed drastically since my 20s. I am getting involved with different kinds of people to learn different aspects of life and the world. Many connections are momentarily or temporary, but I am making most of them. The quality of conversation and people is value-adding. Plus, getting rid of toxic people and fake friends made me feel light. It felt like somebody had taken the most annoying burden off my shoulders. My circle is now limited and meaningful. It feels good to know some people care for you. 

This year I decided to take a few things off my bucket list. Some are already accomplished and the rest are in progress. One of them was going for the Vir Das show. He is my favorite comedian. His comedian is intellectual and I find it intriguing and levitating. I can relate to his comedy and I find his sense of knowledge alluring. The whole experience of traveling to another city only to see him was outstanding. Thank god I acted on my impulse and booked his show ticket. I don't want to talk about other things and jinx them before they happen. 

I have seen so many nice movies/series this year and it still continues. Most of them are old movies and I am thinking of writing a blog about some of the best movies I have seen. So that you can enjoy the real cinema instead of wasting time behind commercial shit that is getting delivered to us. What do you say about it? 

And I guess that's about it guys! Am I forgetting something? I have been fine if I have forgotten to mention it. Some days are good and some days are bad, so it's a balanced life. No complaints, no fuss. Life is indeed beautiful!

Let me get back to you next time with a new, interesting topic. Until next time, take care of yourself and be safe. 

With lots of love,

The Queen of Random Things

xoxo 









 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Love in Comfort zone' isn't that our motto these days?

Don't get offended by the title!  Our generation and the coming generation have it easy and that's why love these days are in comfort zones. We choose a date by swiping right. We choose them by their pictures and the little information they decided to share. We have made it easy to get into a relationship and easier to get out of one thanks to social media, one-night stands, revenge sex and what not! I guess we are the generation who invented some of those things.  Unlike olden times, there is hardly any venture to know the real person behind the face and laughter, there is upfront sex without any intimacy or romance.    "I really wonder when did love change its meaning? ….. or we did? And so our generation has higher divorce rates because lesser people believe in fixing a relationship."  Everyone is aware that there are more fish in the pond and that’s the reason it has become a trend to leave the relationship once things get rocky. I am not sure if our generation is

Oh, please!!! For your sake, normalize breakfast dates!!!

No, I am not a morning person! I haven't read Robin Sharma's book, The 5 AM club, YET! I am not trying to sell an idea, nor I am trying to convince you to get up early. I just happened to like breakfast, it's the best meal of the day. On a normal day, I wouldn't miss breakfast for anything. I do enjoy quiet time during my first meal, but time to time, I do like to incorporate somebody for a chat or two. The idea of a breakfast date has always fascinated me. There is a breath of fresh air, new sun and a new hope of a new day. It's amazing how waking up early in the morning changes the course of your day.  At first, it might sound a lot of hard work, but there is nothing like spending quality time in the morning. My experience says, breakfast meetings bring no predominant effect, as everyone is in a fresh mood. In a normal scenario, no one would put an extra effort to pretend to be someone else - They just are themselves. You can dazzle up for dinner and add-on extra

A conundrum called Love

I have learned that people misunderstand love with a lot many things and they don’t realize it for the longest time, sometimes they never realize it. Love doesn’t happen often, there is only one person who can teach you, love, without explaining it in words. And the strangest thing is you will enact those lessons without even noticing for a long time.  I have seen people falling in love with someone who accepts them for who they are, for someone who make them feel better about themselves, for someone who has a lot to offer.  Love is a tricky concept to understand and yes you really cannot describe it in words. But love means constancy, it might change over time with affection. However, the desire to see them well never dies.   I have witnessed several couples loving each other but not being in love with each other. It’s not the spark that dies between them but what remains is the feeling of belongingness.  I have seen people misunderstand being in love with good sex and affection. Now,