Skip to main content

And then we stopped talking... Just like that!!!!!!!!!

"One day, you will realize you lost a diamond while you were too busy collecting stones." That's exactly what I felt at the end of 2021 when one of my friends failed to understand that I really needed her. 


We outgrow people-school friends, college friends, previous company friends, previous-neighbour friends and many more. You might still have their contact details, but the chemistry isn't the way it used to be. Conversations, mindsets, thought processes, personal and professional growths evolve and sometimes you can't catch up even if you desire to do so. Eventually, the essence of friendship fades away, if swift actions aren't taken; leaving behind a courtesy relationship that you cannot deny or avoid. 

On another note, I've lost a couple of friends over what they'd consider trivial matters but I deem as basic. Last I checked, friends are a part of personal life. So when one of my friends said, "I didn't want to get into your personal space," I gave her all the space she needed. Loosely translated, she preferred not to make an effort to understand what was wrong between us or with me. If you're a friend (to anyone), you inherently gain certain rights and privileges, like invading extra privacy, making fun at self-made problems and poor choices, calling after a fight to argue about how long the silent treatment will last, and much more.

The most essential aspect of human life is growth! We keep growing as an individual. When someone doesn't reach the level of emotional and personal maturity, we tend to create distance. Disagreements can be cleared through clear communication, but even friendship demands nurturing. 

People tend to romanticize romantic relationships, but they put minimum to no effort into friendship. I am not sorry, but that's not how it is supposed to be. If someone has been there for you during your darkest times, picking up your 2 AM call and comforting your tears, don't they deserve better treatment? This is why many lose their friends when they enter romantic relationships—they forget the world beyond their partner. You don't have to take my word for it; multiple studies support this claim.

I've learned it the hard way, but if your friend isn't treating you right, talk it out. Don't let it slide—by expressing and accepting, you teach them how to treat you. I've had enough of certain friends (mostly females) who fail to set boundaries or establish priorities. Therefore, I've made peace with their immaturity and one-sided behaviour, putting an end to those connections. Trust me, people don't like tasting their own medicine. And then we stopped talking... Just like that!

Until Next time,

The Queen of Random Things
xoxo









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Have You Hit Your 'Age of Stagnation'?

Netflix includes one of the amazing American adult animated black comedy-drama television series, BoJack Horseman. It did earn the limelight when it was newly broadcasted. It's not everyone's cup of tea so don't just go ahead and watch it because it's heavy. Even though it is an animated series it presents hardcore real-life issues in an organized way.  While watching it I came across a term called 'Age of Stagnation'. It's a wonderful concept.  Kelsey Jannings, a character from the animated series explains it in simple words.  However, the one that I am talking about is not related to the economy but to humans. After that, I came across a beautiful blog on  Avoiding the Age of Stagnation  (I have attached a link if you want to give it a go!) and the writer has interestingly explained the point of view.     To my surprise, there are a couple of people in my life who have reached their age of stagnation because either their partners have accepted them for who

'Love in Comfort zone' isn't that our motto these days?

Don't get offended by the title!  Our generation and the coming generation have it easy and that's why love these days are in comfort zones. We choose a date by swiping right. We choose them by their pictures and the little information they decided to share. We have made it easy to get into a relationship and easier to get out of one thanks to social media, one-night stands, revenge sex and what not! I guess we are the generation who invented some of those things.  Unlike olden times, there is hardly any venture to know the real person behind the face and laughter, there is upfront sex without any intimacy or romance.    "I really wonder when did love change its meaning? ….. or we did? And so our generation has higher divorce rates because lesser people believe in fixing a relationship."  Everyone is aware that there are more fish in the pond and that’s the reason it has become a trend to leave the relationship once things get rocky. I am not sure if our generation is

Oh, please!!! For your sake, normalize breakfast dates!!!

No, I am not a morning person! I haven't read Robin Sharma's book, The 5 AM club, YET! I am not trying to sell an idea, nor I am trying to convince you to get up early. I just happened to like breakfast, it's the best meal of the day. On a normal day, I wouldn't miss breakfast for anything. I do enjoy quiet time during my first meal, but time to time, I do like to incorporate somebody for a chat or two. The idea of a breakfast date has always fascinated me. There is a breath of fresh air, new sun and a new hope of a new day. It's amazing how waking up early in the morning changes the course of your day.  At first, it might sound a lot of hard work, but there is nothing like spending quality time in the morning. My experience says, breakfast meetings bring no predominant effect, as everyone is in a fresh mood. In a normal scenario, no one would put an extra effort to pretend to be someone else - They just are themselves. You can dazzle up for dinner and add-on extra