Skip to main content

What Do You Want From Life?

Recently someone asked me 'What do you want from life?' and I had no answer. I had to take some time to think and to be honest I still don't have an answer. No, I am not going through any existential crisis right now nor I am facing any midlife crisis because I am too young for it. While conversing about certain insecurities we stumbled upon this question. Since then, I have been curious to know about the purpose of life for everyone else. According to the Gujarati author, Dr. Nimit Oza, either 'Love' or 'Purpose' is the primary motive of life. I agree with what he says with a little twerk. I believe, we can either make love for someone else as our purpose for life or a meaningful purpose as our love in life. What a lovely wordplay some might say!

However, I am not yet clear about what I want from my life. Neither do I have love nor a purpose. I guess the only purpose I have every morning is the food I dream of before sleeping. I am a dreamer, but my dreams aren't about building a massive palace or making a billion dollars. Yet, no clear vision of an answer. If Lucifer fell on earth and stare into my soul with his dreamy eyes and ask, "What is it that you truly desire?" I think I would have no answer and he would be disappointed. It's funny, sometimes I cannot answer the simplest questions like this and it annoys me. Has it ever happened to you, my dear reader? 

You can rest assured, I got nothing on the journey of finding an answer. Although I realized I am scared of being irrelevant. I am scared of not upgrading my knowledge. I am scared of not knowing about the latest hit songs. It's not exactly Fear Of Missing Out but it's fear of not understanding things of the new world. I want to be related to the new world, I want to feel connected. It's like knowing about ChatGPT, having it on phone, but never using it. Hence, when there is a conversation about the subject I don't just sit like a couch potato, but I can actively participate. Also, I am a curious kid with a hint of gossiping nature. So when the West supports Selena Gomez, I want to know what did Hailey Bieber do this time to put her down. This information adds no value to the knowledge I gain, but it is consumed for the sheer satisfaction of my gossiping cells. Guilty pleasure, if you may!

And I am not sure if this is enough to live life. But it is working out for me. At this point in my life, having no desire means less drama, no anxiety or dissatisfaction and no unwanted competition with the world in an imaginative race. I am happy where I am, with a little bit of romance, lots of drama, no actions and a hint of suspense. I have enough!

Maybe someday I will have love in my life and a purpose that I can serve for the rest of my life. Till then, I know it is the food that I will wake up to. Either to cook or to explore. To more food that is yet to be tasted, places that are yet to be explored, people that are yet to be acquainted and knowledge that's yet to be learned. 


Until Next Time 

XOXO

The Queen of Random Things









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Have You Hit Your 'Age of Stagnation'?

Netflix includes one of the amazing American adult animated black comedy-drama television series, BoJack Horseman. It did earn the limelight when it was newly broadcasted. It's not everyone's cup of tea so don't just go ahead and watch it because it's heavy. Even though it is an animated series it presents hardcore real-life issues in an organized way.  While watching it I came across a term called 'Age of Stagnation'. It's a wonderful concept.  Kelsey Jannings, a character from the animated series explains it in simple words.  However, the one that I am talking about is not related to the economy but to humans. After that, I came across a beautiful blog on  Avoiding the Age of Stagnation  (I have attached a link if you want to give it a go!) and the writer has interestingly explained the point of view.     To my surprise, there are a couple of people in my life who have reached their age of stagnation because either their partners have accepted them for who

'Love in Comfort zone' isn't that our motto these days?

Don't get offended by the title!  Our generation and the coming generation have it easy and that's why love these days are in comfort zones. We choose a date by swiping right. We choose them by their pictures and the little information they decided to share. We have made it easy to get into a relationship and easier to get out of one thanks to social media, one-night stands, revenge sex and what not! I guess we are the generation who invented some of those things.  Unlike olden times, there is hardly any venture to know the real person behind the face and laughter, there is upfront sex without any intimacy or romance.    "I really wonder when did love change its meaning? ….. or we did? And so our generation has higher divorce rates because lesser people believe in fixing a relationship."  Everyone is aware that there are more fish in the pond and that’s the reason it has become a trend to leave the relationship once things get rocky. I am not sure if our generation is

Oh, please!!! For your sake, normalize breakfast dates!!!

No, I am not a morning person! I haven't read Robin Sharma's book, The 5 AM club, YET! I am not trying to sell an idea, nor I am trying to convince you to get up early. I just happened to like breakfast, it's the best meal of the day. On a normal day, I wouldn't miss breakfast for anything. I do enjoy quiet time during my first meal, but time to time, I do like to incorporate somebody for a chat or two. The idea of a breakfast date has always fascinated me. There is a breath of fresh air, new sun and a new hope of a new day. It's amazing how waking up early in the morning changes the course of your day.  At first, it might sound a lot of hard work, but there is nothing like spending quality time in the morning. My experience says, breakfast meetings bring no predominant effect, as everyone is in a fresh mood. In a normal scenario, no one would put an extra effort to pretend to be someone else - They just are themselves. You can dazzle up for dinner and add-on extra