Skip to main content

Will YOU Wish ME On Birthday?

I take birthdays seriously. I believe a birthday is the one day in a year specially designated to you as your new year and a festival for others to celebrate your existence. It's one day of the year you don't have to share it with anyone (Well, I mean, you do share it, but not in a massive number!) We become a year older and wiser on birthdays, but I don't see it negatively. Birthdays are an opportunity to see how people feel or think of you. Count me fussy, but I have blocked, shouted, fought, and taunted my friends for not wishing me or forgetting my birthday. In my opinion, birthday jang khatam kar sakta hai. If the leaders of the UK, the USA, China, and Russia had wished Hitler on his birthday in April, WW2 wouldn't last for 6 years. I mean birthdays are special, you can't deny that! Yes, I have pushed my other blogs to re-establish birthdays' impact.

People come up with the darndest excuses these days, and it annoys me to the core. I have heard, "I am bad with remembering birthdays." a million times in this lifetime, and the moment anyone says that, I feel like slapping them tight on their cheek. Even I have said this once to someone, and yes, that was an excuse. Since Facebook started reminding birthdays, we barely make efforts to keep track of them. Facebook is made to remember birthdays, isn't it? Don't answer that was a rhetorical question. Sometimes, we are busy inside our heads rather than in reality.

Similarly, we don't bother to remember the birthdays of people that matter less to us(not all of us are bad with dates). Every time, my friends say, "I am sorry, I am bad with birthdays!" I kid you not; I am mentally punching them in their nose. Before, people used to keep a birthday diary and check it every month (or now and then) to ensure they didn't forget anyone's birthday. On the other hand, in the age of advanced technology, we don't choose to note special days anywhere! What a shame.

It takes a little bit of effort. What's the big deal with that? I remember the birthdays of people who aren't part of life anymore(Well, that's more of irony). It takes a little work and the support of technology to remember birthdays. I am not a robot, but I make sure I don't miss wishing someone their birthday if they matter to me. Plus, people don't even make that effort to wish even after noticing on social media. How hard could it be(or how inconsiderate you can be!)?? Konsa jang jitni hai, bhai! But they will be on the list and keep a tab on everyone's activity!  

Also, when someone makes an effort to wish you your birthday every year, the least you can do is return the favor as a gesture of gratitude. Yes, I have this type, too, in my life. FYI - There are apps to record birthdays, smartphones have features to add birthdays with contacts, and your phone calendar will show you whose birthday it is every day. This is among the smallest joy of life. You might not speak to your college/school friend daily. The equation might have changed, or you both might have drifted apart. But a birthday wish can keep you connected in a conventional way, and you never know when that connection can spark into something meaningful. And if not, what is wrong with putting a smile on someone's face? Remembering a birthday is a small thing, but it's one of the powerful ingredients of friendship. As I said, birthday wishes can resolve fights and make one realize the person's value. Hence, the next time you see birthday posts on social media, do not miss wishing the person. It will make their day; trust me, the joy of being a reason for someone's smile is inexpressible. 

Keeping that in mind, this is the most childish and corny thing I have ever done in life, but YOLO. Yours truly is turning older on coming Tuesday, the 7th of Feb (Felt cute, will definitely delete the date after my birthday), and it's an opportunity for you to give this birthday thing a kick-start (Aren't I smart :P) So, put in your calendar, phone, reminder app, post-it, tattoo, I don't care where, but wish me. 

If I ever made you laugh/smile, made you feel better, or if my existence made any difference to you at some point in your life, pick up the phone to wish me or better meet me. I know every one of you isn't a writer, but the intention counts, not the words. I am counting on you, my dear reader. Some of the smallest joys of life are undemanding, uncomplicated, and easy. 

So please stop with the malarkey that birthdays are hard to keep track of and make this year a reason for somebody's smile in the simplest way possible-Wishing on their birthday!! Well, I am born in the love month, so I have taken the responsibility to spread love-Sometimes like a cupid, sometimes like an angel. Also, share my blogs with more and more friends. Let them know how painless and essential birthday wishes are. So, WILL YOU WISH ME ON BIRTHDAY? 

Well, I bid you Goodbye until the next time. Happy Valentine's Day, in advance, to those who already have love by their side. For single people, life is too short to feel lonely on this day, so pick flowers, chocolates, and a card for yourself. Love means Happiness with yourself too!

The Queen of Random Things 

XOXO

Comments

  1. Happyyy badyyyy in advance 🥂🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your birthdate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday in adavance dear queen, also I'm bad at remembering bithdays 😔😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Have You Hit Your 'Age of Stagnation'?

Netflix includes one of the amazing American adult animated black comedy-drama television series, BoJack Horseman. It did earn the limelight when it was newly broadcasted. It's not everyone's cup of tea so don't just go ahead and watch it because it's heavy. Even though it is an animated series it presents hardcore real-life issues in an organized way.  While watching it I came across a term called 'Age of Stagnation'. It's a wonderful concept.  Kelsey Jannings, a character from the animated series explains it in simple words.  However, the one that I am talking about is not related to the economy but to humans. After that, I came across a beautiful blog on  Avoiding the Age of Stagnation  (I have attached a link if you want to give it a go!) and the writer has interestingly explained the point of view.     To my surprise, there are a couple of people in my life who have reached their age of stagnation because either their partners have accepted them for who

'Love in Comfort zone' isn't that our motto these days?

Don't get offended by the title!  Our generation and the coming generation have it easy and that's why love these days are in comfort zones. We choose a date by swiping right. We choose them by their pictures and the little information they decided to share. We have made it easy to get into a relationship and easier to get out of one thanks to social media, one-night stands, revenge sex and what not! I guess we are the generation who invented some of those things.  Unlike olden times, there is hardly any venture to know the real person behind the face and laughter, there is upfront sex without any intimacy or romance.    "I really wonder when did love change its meaning? ….. or we did? And so our generation has higher divorce rates because lesser people believe in fixing a relationship."  Everyone is aware that there are more fish in the pond and that’s the reason it has become a trend to leave the relationship once things get rocky. I am not sure if our generation is

Oh, please!!! For your sake, normalize breakfast dates!!!

No, I am not a morning person! I haven't read Robin Sharma's book, The 5 AM club, YET! I am not trying to sell an idea, nor I am trying to convince you to get up early. I just happened to like breakfast, it's the best meal of the day. On a normal day, I wouldn't miss breakfast for anything. I do enjoy quiet time during my first meal, but time to time, I do like to incorporate somebody for a chat or two. The idea of a breakfast date has always fascinated me. There is a breath of fresh air, new sun and a new hope of a new day. It's amazing how waking up early in the morning changes the course of your day.  At first, it might sound a lot of hard work, but there is nothing like spending quality time in the morning. My experience says, breakfast meetings bring no predominant effect, as everyone is in a fresh mood. In a normal scenario, no one would put an extra effort to pretend to be someone else - They just are themselves. You can dazzle up for dinner and add-on extra