Skip to main content

So What Do you Want To TITLE This One?

God, Grant Me The Serenity To Accept The Things I Cannot Change, Courage To Change The Things I Can & Wisdom To Know The Difference 


 As I was saying this out loud, I realized that this simple but powerful prayer could change my life if only I could comprehend it thoroughly. Benedict Cumberbatch mentioned this prayer in one of his speeches, which hit me hard. Isn't it amazing how the simplest words produce deep meaning and leaves a lasting impact on us? I was in a loophole when I came across this Instagram Reel aimlessly. This prayer was an answer to my question that I did know I had. These lines sum up the recipe of life without elaborating it much. Sometimes it takes a long time to understand something trivial because we don't pay attention to them. 

I was having a bad day and was in an urge to cry when these words made me think twice about the thing I was sad about. I know there are days we question our existence and ask if we are worthy of the life we have. Even the wealthiest people aren't the happiest people. God doesn't give everyone everything. That is if you believe in god or superior power. Being on the right track is difficult. And has it ever occurred to you, my dear readers, that things don't make sense to us at that moment? They make sense to us later once it's all resolved because we were overwhelmed with our feelings then.

We all have bad days, and sometimes, we shut ourselves down. Sometimes it impacts our routine, work, dear ones, health, etc. I wonder why we forget that the sun doesn't forget to rise on any day, and even on bad days, there are people to love us. Routine is vital when there is a situation you can't handle. Sure, the routine won't solve the issue, but it will keep you engaged and give you time to handle yourself. Sometimes not looking for answers is the key to finding the answer. We try too hard to fit in, to move ahead, to adjust, to maintain in a world that's man-made or artificial.   

I don't know who needs this, but I will say it anyway. Be easy on yourself. Give yourself endless chances, which you give others. This too shall pass, and you aren't alone in anything. Yes, there are others. The people who love you for who you are will never leave you. If someone wants to stay in your life, they will do any goddam thing to make sure it happens. Love yourself when you least deserve it because that's when you really need it!  

Watching this Reel on repeat made me realize something my father told me years ago. He said, "Sweetheart, when the situation isn't changing then god wants you to change or it is time for you to change. (for those who are atheists)" We learn some lessons the hard way, isn't it? 

This is the first time I have had no agenda while writing this blog, and for the first time in a year, I have written the title after writing the blog. 

On that note, on a cold and breezy afternoon of winter, I wish you a happy weekend. Don't forget: You Are Amazing Just The Way You Are, my dear reader. 

With Lots of love & courage 

The Queen of Random things

xoxo








  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Have You Hit Your 'Age of Stagnation'?

Netflix includes one of the amazing American adult animated black comedy-drama television series, BoJack Horseman. It did earn the limelight when it was newly broadcasted. It's not everyone's cup of tea so don't just go ahead and watch it because it's heavy. Even though it is an animated series it presents hardcore real-life issues in an organized way.  While watching it I came across a term called 'Age of Stagnation'. It's a wonderful concept.  Kelsey Jannings, a character from the animated series explains it in simple words.  However, the one that I am talking about is not related to the economy but to humans. After that, I came across a beautiful blog on  Avoiding the Age of Stagnation  (I have attached a link if you want to give it a go!) and the writer has interestingly explained the point of view.     To my surprise, there are a couple of people in my life who have reached their age of stagnation because either their partners have accepted them for who

'Love in Comfort zone' isn't that our motto these days?

Don't get offended by the title!  Our generation and the coming generation have it easy and that's why love these days are in comfort zones. We choose a date by swiping right. We choose them by their pictures and the little information they decided to share. We have made it easy to get into a relationship and easier to get out of one thanks to social media, one-night stands, revenge sex and what not! I guess we are the generation who invented some of those things.  Unlike olden times, there is hardly any venture to know the real person behind the face and laughter, there is upfront sex without any intimacy or romance.    "I really wonder when did love change its meaning? ….. or we did? And so our generation has higher divorce rates because lesser people believe in fixing a relationship."  Everyone is aware that there are more fish in the pond and that’s the reason it has become a trend to leave the relationship once things get rocky. I am not sure if our generation is

Oh, please!!! For your sake, normalize breakfast dates!!!

No, I am not a morning person! I haven't read Robin Sharma's book, The 5 AM club, YET! I am not trying to sell an idea, nor I am trying to convince you to get up early. I just happened to like breakfast, it's the best meal of the day. On a normal day, I wouldn't miss breakfast for anything. I do enjoy quiet time during my first meal, but time to time, I do like to incorporate somebody for a chat or two. The idea of a breakfast date has always fascinated me. There is a breath of fresh air, new sun and a new hope of a new day. It's amazing how waking up early in the morning changes the course of your day.  At first, it might sound a lot of hard work, but there is nothing like spending quality time in the morning. My experience says, breakfast meetings bring no predominant effect, as everyone is in a fresh mood. In a normal scenario, no one would put an extra effort to pretend to be someone else - They just are themselves. You can dazzle up for dinner and add-on extra